ACTIVITIES WITHIN DEMENTIA CARE
This training course is aimed at front line staff who have responsibility for creating and running activity programmes for people with dementia. Delegates will learn how to plan and run activities through a number of case studies and group exercises.
An activity-based model of care significantly enhances the physical and emotional well-being of people living with Dementia.
- Introduction and course overview
- Activities as a part of person-centred care
- Activity targeted to individual’s strengths, difficulties,
previous lifestyle, and interests
- Sensory activities
- Running reminiscence groups
- The importance of empathy
- Running structured group activity
- Understanding inclusion & occupation
- Personal detractors, reflecting on our actions
- Benefits of activity for service users and staff alike
- Creating person-centred activity plans
- Course evaluation
This course can be split into 2 half day variants to focus on either the theory of activities within dementia care or the design of these activities.