This course is for those who could come into contact with persons who present challenging behaviour during the course of their working day. You will learn why such behaviour may arise, how to attempt to distract and de-escalate it as well as ways of seeking to minimise repeat episodes. The training is based around a non-physical intervention model.
Care, Education and Commercial
This course will provide delegates with the knowledge to attempt to take control and hence avoid escalation.
- Introduction and course content
- Challenging behaviour contrasted with violent or aggressive behaviour
- Types of challenging behaviour
- Reasons for challenging behaviour
- Potential triggers
- Recognising escalation (including in self)
- Distraction methods
- De-escalation methods
- Post-episode remorse
- Post-episode do’s & dont’s
- Encouraging positive behaviour
- Course evaluation
Delivery will be tailored to appropriately suit child, adult, learning
disability, mental health or dementia settings.