Huntington’s Disease Awareness Training
Huntington's Disease Awareness Training is a specialised program designed to educate healthcare professionals, caregivers, and the general public about Huntington's disease (HD). HD is a genetic neurodegenerative disorder that affects motor control, cognition, and behaviour. This course aims to raise awareness and understanding of HD, its symptoms, progression, and the challenges faced by individuals and families affected by this condition.
Successful completion of the Huntington's Disease Awareness Training will enable participants to recognise the signs and symptoms of HD, provide informed support to individuals and families affected by the disease, and contribute to increased awareness and advocacy efforts for HD within their communities and healthcare settings.
- Introduction to Huntington's Disease
- Genetics and Inheritance
- Clinical Presentation of HD
- Disease Progression and Stages
- Diagnosing Huntington's Disease
- Impact on Patients and Families
- Management and Treatment
- Ethical and Legal Considerations
- Caregiver Support and Self-Care
- Advocacy and Research
- Course Evaluation and Conclusion