News can be good or bad and on this course delegates learn how to tell their story through local, national and trade print and broadcast media. This will assist companies wishing to change perceptions about their organisation, raise awareness of products and services and change behaviour. The training is delivered by professional journalists who will impart knowledge on how to deliver great press, radio and TV/webcast interviews. Even the most seasoned CEO can be made to look awkward facing a tricky question in front of a camera and this training will provide the skills to take control and conduct a great interview.
Care, Education and Commercial
- Introduction and course overview
- How the media works and how to use it to benefit the organisation
- What makes the news and what doesn’t
- Which messages you need to convey
- How to deal with positive and negative questions from journalists
- How to prepare for an interview and remain in control
- The role of the press office
- Crisis situations
- Course evaluation
Our professional journalists help learners prepare for a media interview so they and the reporter get what they need. There are practical role play interviews to allow each learner to experience a press, radio/television and online interview. These are filmed and played back for feedback.
“It was the most enlightening training session I have participated in for 20 years.” Group Development Director