PEOPLE HANDLING/PAEDIATRIC MOVING AND HANDLING
1/2 or 1 Day (dependant upon delivery method)
This course is for staff who move or aid the movement of the service users for whom they care. The training will cover all aspects of correct & safe people handling including lifting aids and hoists. Practical instruction will be possible when the training is delivered on site, allowing use of the actual equipment that the delegates will be working with.
Care and Education
This course is focused on providing attending delegates with the knowledge to protect themselves and those in their care from injury whilst carrying out lifting procedures.
- Introduction and course overview
- Why train for people handling?
- Relevant legislation
- Risk assessment
- Potential injuries
- Anatomy of the spine
- Correct lifting techniques
- Importance of good base movement
- Moving & handling aids incl. hoists
- Importance of communication
- Practical (where applicable)
- Course evaluation
- SC0202 – People Handling incl. Hoist Instruction – 1 day
- SC0202.1 – People Handling incl. Hoist Instruction refresher – 1/2 day
- SC0202.2 – People Handling excl. Hoist Instruction – 1 day
- SC0202.3 – People Handling excl. Hoist Instruction Refresher – 1/2 day
- SC0202.4 – People Handling Theory – 1/2 day
- SC0202.5 – People Handling – Train the Trainer – 3 days
- SC0202.6 – People Handling Practical – 1/2 day
- SC0202.8 – Paediatric Moving & Handling Refresher – 1/2 day
- SC0202.9 – Paediatric Moving & Handling – 1 day
You may also be interested in:
Designed to be used with the help of a carer the Elk emergency lifting cushion can be used in the tightest of spaces.Lifts up to 70 stone (450 kg). Portable, it weighs just 3.6 kg and folds up for easy carrying. Simple to use and minimises moving and handling risk – protects carers backs. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
A washable flat slide sheet with handles. Allows repositioning, turning, sliding up and down in bed. (Please note, 2 sheets are need to reposition a supine person)
The Rotastand allows a safe, smooth and controlled swivel transfer. It encourages an independent and dignified transfer from one seated position to another.