Practical Telephone Techniques
This course is ideal for both contact centres and customer service teams. Delegates learn tips and techniques on how use their voice more effectively at work to improve call outcomes. The course covers the power of active listening, tone of voice and energy. Delegates will also explore the effect of adding light and shade to their voice, for example by using accentuation, articulation and inflection. They will also learn how to control their breathing to improve how they are received over the phone.
Care, Education and Commercial
- Introduction and course overview
- How and when to adapt tone of voice to address the needs of an individual enquiry. During a natural conversation our tone of voice will vary and this should happen during a phone call too.
- Vocal warm-ups and breathing for relaxation.
- How to improve articulation and not mumble.
- The importance of body language. Even if a caller cannot see an employee they can hear a smile. Someone sitting hunched up at their desk or slumped in their chair will find their breathing is restricted. This affects their voice and they can sound bored and disinterested.
- How to soften a strong accent on the phone which might be a barrier to communication
- Course evaluation
The trainer works through vocal and breathing techniques and provides advice on how anyone who uses the phone at work can improve their active listening skills to get the outcomes they need.
This course is ideal for any organisation where a significant portion of their client contact is via the telephone.