PREVENTION & MANAGEMENT OF VIOLENCE & AGGRESSION – LEVEL 1
1 or 2 Days
This course is for anyone whose working environment may involve confronting violence, aggression and challenging behaviour. Learners will gain an understanding of causes of such incidents and be taught strategies to redirect and de-escalate. They will be informed about relevant law and guidelines from national bodies. Practical training is given on breakaway (escape) methods, as a last resort, and using only the amount of force that is necessary and reasonable in the circumstances.
Care, Education and Commercial
Our statement of intent is to train staff to approach incidents in a manner that attempts to reduce rather than provoke violent or aggressive behaviour.
- Introduction and course overview
- Definition of “reasonable force”
- Managing a violent episode
- National guidelines and the law
- Areas of the body to be avoided
- Recognising the warning signs
- Common causes of aggressive behaviour
- Coping with violence and aggression
- The lawful use of force
- Reporting and recording
- Providing support (violence can affect people in many ways)
- Basic breakaway methods and practise
- Course evaluation
This course can be tailored to suit all age groups with relevant legislation on the use of both non-physical and physical intervention. Edify also offer 3, 4 and 5 day level 2 course extensions covering ethical restraint.