Data Controller / Processor – Edify Consultancy Ltd
Date protection contacts – Mr Sean Cox, email@example.com
Edify Training is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Edify Training may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17.05.18 and last updated on 06.11.18
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, title and where applicable job title
- contact information including email address
- where applicable, organisation contact name including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect this information
We may collect this information in a variety of ways which may include retaining information from forms completed by you, from correspondence with you, sourcing information in the public domain, contacting potential clients through social media as well as acquiring information from third parties (providing they have consent to share this data with us and are able to provide proof of consent.) The information is stored on our secure Accounting & Customer Relationship Management software and any supporting physical files that are stored securely.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for legitimate interests, or for contractual reasons, or where you have given clear consent to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To deliver the services that you have contracted with us for including the generation of training certification.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Your information may be accessed internally by members of staff with appropriate permission for the data in question. Different types of data are retained for various time periods. A full list of retention periods is available upon request if desired.
Personal information is not stored or processed outside of the European Economic Area.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Rights as a data subject
- Right to be Informed – every consumer has the right to know if, when and how an organisation is using their personal information.
- Right to Access – any data subject has the right to access their information free of charge.
- Right to Rectification – the right to make alterations to the data is you discover that the information is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to Restrict Processing – data subjects can ask for their information to no longer be processed.
- Right to Object – object to the use of personal data for marketing purposes.
- Right To Portability – allows individuals to obtain their personal data and reuse it elsewhere.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Right To Erasure – request the removal or deletion of their personal data.
In the event that you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information please contact Sean Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk