WOUND CARE & TISSUE VIABILITY
This course is for qualified staff who already have a basic understanding of wounds including pressure sores and require further training in their practical management. Attending delegates will learn about wound etiology, phases & assessment, exudate, debridement and the choice of dressings and their application. The course is titled Wound Care when booked as a half day and Tissue Viability when the more in-depth full-day variant is selected.
- Introduction & course overview
- Subject knowledge assessment
- Professional, legal & ethical issues of wound management
- Wound etiology
- Wound types
- Wound phases / healing
- Factors affecting healing
- Dressing types & selection
- Course evaluation
Delegates attending this course will benefit from having previously attended our SC0107 Pressure Area Care course.